We know we've already introduced you to George, the world's tallest dog, but here's his official celebrity interview with ABC News!
This gentle giant already has his own book, a visit with Oprah, a Facebook fan page, and his own website under his paws.
Ironically, George was the runt of his litter, and when his humans -- Dave and Christie -- took him home, they had no idea what they were getting into!

At just five months old, George was already the size of a full-grown Labrador, with all signs indicating that he was only going to get bigger!
By the time George turned a year old, he was nearly 200 pounds!
 Fully grown, he is now a whopping 245 pounds and stands a staggering 43 inches tall! That, Dogsters, is only about a foot shorter than yours truly! 
In 2010, George was awarded the Guinness Book of World Records' Tallest Living Dog and Tallest Dog Ever.
Naming the Dog?
What to name him wasn’t something I’d given a whole lot of thought to. I was much more concerned with what we were going to do with him than with naming him. 
But she was excited and I knew I had to make an effort to be too. “I dunno,” I said, trying to think on the hoof. “How about something like... um... Biggie?” She laughed out loud at this— real loud.
 “Biggie?” she spluttered. “What kind of a mad name is that?” She shook her head. She seemed to find my suggestion funny.

 I didn’t think I’d ever fully understand women and their foibles. What the hell was wrong with Biggie for a dog?
“It’s a good name!” I countered, though, in truth, it really wasn’t. I imagined calling it in a park: “C’mon, Biggie! Biggie, here!” Nope. Biggie sucked. 
“He’ll be big,” I added anyway. “You know. He’s gonna be a big dog. So we call him Biggie. What’s wrong with that? It’s logical, isn’t it? C’mon. 
It is! Or, I don’t know, Fido, or Pluto? Or... hell, I don’t know!” She laughed again. “Pluto? Come on, hon. 
No. I think he should have a man’s name. I like dogs with men’s names.” She’d clearly decided already, I realized. “What?” I asked her. 
“You mean something like Richard?” She pulled a face. “No, stupid. Something more... you know. More...” She paused. 
“I know!” she said finally. “How about George?” “George?” “Yes. George is a cool name. You like George?”

Up Next Giant George Puppy Pics & Story -->


Page 1 2 3 4 Next Page --->

Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment